As in the title, this is the procedure to configure SMTP Inbound and Outbound in SAP.
- Setting Profile Parameter below:
- icm/plugin_<*> = PROT=SMTP,PLG=<prog>, ex : icm/plugin_2 = PROT=SMTP,PLG=./smtpplugin.so
- icm/server_port_<*> = PROT=SMTP,PORT=<port>, ex : icm/server_port_2 = PROT=SMTP,PORT=25000,TIMEOUT=180
- is/SMTP/virt_host_<*> = :<host>:<port>,<port>,…;, ex : is/SMTP/virt_host_0 = *:25000;
- Create a user with type system (Tx code: SU01 ) and assign S_A.SCON to it. for example : MAILSYS
- Setting SMTP Server in tx code SICF
- In Host Data : Enter the sequence number of a parameter is/SMTP/virt_host_ from the profile
- In Service Data : Enter client, user created in step 2 and also its password
- In Handler List : Enter CL_SMTP_EXT_SAPCONNECT as item 1
Activate SAPConnect service
- SAPConnect Administration (Tx code SCOT)
- Set default domain in Setting -> Default Domain, so you can use this as your sender domain. For exampe if you set this to test.com, and You use BASIS user to send an outbound email, then the sender will be BASIS@TEST.COM
- Choose View -> Node view
- Double Click on SMTP Node
- Select Node In Use
- Set Mail Host and Mail Port (usually port number 25) where emails are being sent to
- Click Set on the supported address type – Internet. Specify internet addresses that are to be reached.
- Click Confirm
- Set the background job to send out queue outbound :
> Choose View -> Jobs or create if this doesn’t exist, choose Job -> Create.
> Enter a job name and confirm.
> Select the variant SAP&CONNECTALL. Choose Schedule Job.
> Choose Schedule Periodically. Enter periodic time to run this background job.
> Choose Create.
- For Inbound Processing automatically you can set in Settings -> Inbound Processing or Settings -> Inbound Distribution